FK Capital's Competitive Edge
Independent investment thinkers
Strategically based in the Bahamas, isolating the team from conventional investment thinking and allowing them to pursue their distinct approach to stock picking
Familiarity with shifting social, cultural and economic trends
Finger on the pulse of millennials and Gen Z, and how they're shaping companies' approaches in their respective markets
Differentiated approach to value investing
Regards long-term growth as vital to its strategy and shuns the pitfalls associated with simply seeking cheap market multiples to achieve value
Patient and able to ride out volatility
Patient and unwavering long-term focus, allowing the team to invest with conviction through short-term volatility and actualize on its investment theses
Avoids overcrowded markets
Evades overcrowded parts of the market and pursues secular growth among genuine game-changing companies that bring meaningful contributions to sectors
FK's Core Values
Connected to millennials
Led by younger professionals with fresh outlooks and inherent familiarity with key secular trends in technology and consumer behavior
Direct experience with products and services
Maintains first-hand experience with the products and services of potential names in the portfolio, strengthening the team’s market understanding and decision-making
Interests aligned across the Firm
Founders, principals and partners have all monetized personal net worth invested in the fund, ensuring that strong performance and risk management always remain the highest priorities
Seeks best products and services through deep, qualitative analysis
Closely follows the performance of company management and aims to identify companies motivated by meaningful long-term success, rather than short-term gain
Seeks tier-one brands, excellent management teams and customer satisfaction
Strives to fully understand management performance, end-consumer fulfillment and whether the companies they invest in are harnessing innovations and capitalizing on
A Synergetic Partnership of Ideas, Experiences and Methodologies
The leadership team’s differentiated perspectives, professional experiences and industry connections together create a unique synergy that drives FK Capital’s investment approach and ongoing outperformance.
Over a lifetime of analyzing the dynamic technology and consumer sectors, Jorge Finkler recognized a compelling opportunity ahead and, in December 2011, joined Ruben Kupferman, who had developed a large AUM base and maintained an esteemed private-banking career in Mexico. Together, they created FK Capital Management Ltd. in 2012.
In 2014, Jorge and Ruben teamed up with Eduardo Finkler (Jorge’s brother), who has brought an invaluable long-term, private-equity style approach to evaluating companies.
CIO & Portfolio Manager, FK Capital Management Ltd.,
Portfolio Manager of the FK Capital Fund Ltd.
- 2012-present: Formed FK Capital Management Ltd. early in his career, enabling him to successfully hone and test his investment approach through numerous market cycles
- Comes from a long line of family members who have excelled in finance
- Securities Analyst and Investment Specialist for investment boutiques in Mexico City
- Education: Universidad Anahuac, Mexico City, Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Marketing and Finance
Analyst & Co-Portfolio Manager,
FK Capital Management Ltd.
- In charge of equity investments analysis with a capital appreciation focus
- 2013-2014: Senior Analyst, Vertex Real Estate Investors
- Financial Analyst, Capital Inmobiliario
- Education: Graduated Cum Laude, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance, Universidad Anahuac, Mexico City
Non-executive Partner, FK Capital Management Ltd.
- 2007-2009: Unit Head, Private Asset Management at ING Investment Management
- Deputy Director General at Grupo Financiero Mifel, S.A.
- Vice President, Bank of America, N.A.
- Eduation: Master of Business Administration, University of Southern California, Los Angeles; Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City; Certified Public Accountant
- 2012: Established Caystone Solutions, providing dedicated regulatory solutions for businesses
- 11 years as CEO and Executive Director of the Bahamas Financial Services Board
- Education: Chartered Accountant, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, University of Waterloo, Canada
Built Upon Four Beliefs
True value is rarely immediately apparent.
Wide moats are reflected by more than balance sheets. Understanding intangibles is essential
Companies that harness innovation, capture trends and are led by the best teams will thrive
FK Capital’s philosophy is summarized by the words of Warren Buffet:
Put simply, alpha is achieved by looking beyond the short term – toward true innovators with strong long-term visions that form a concentrated portfolio of strictly the best ideas.
Build alpha through patience, high conviction and identification of catalysts